Your booking (contract agreement) is made with Access-Adventure Ltd and the details of the terms and conditions of any such contract agreement are set out below. Please read them carefully for, when you make a booking, and we accept it, a legally binding contract is made.
This document was last updated on October 2010.
1. Your completed booking form should be completed on our online booking forms. You will need to pay a deposit for £150.00 non-refundable deposit. You will be prompted for this option when filling in the booking form.
2. Balance of the trip payment is due 30 days before departure date.
3. Methods of payment is by cash or cheque (made payable to Access-Adventure Limited)
4. Bookings or alterations to bookings, received less than 8 weeks before the starting date of your holiday may be subject to a late booking charge to cover administration and travel costs.
5. If you wish to make any changes to your booking once confirmation has been issued, we must be notified, in writing, at least 4 weeks before the holiday starting date.
6. If you need to cancel your booking, we must be notified, in writing, by the person who signed the booking form and cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt by Access-Adventure. Your deposit will not be refunded and your insurance policy should contain a clause to cover such loss of deposit.
7. Should holiday cancellation be unavoidable, the following scale of charges will apply:
* Cancellation in between 35 to 56 days before holiday – 40% of total holiday cost
* Cancellation in between 21 to 34 days before holiday – 70% of total holiday cost
* Cancellation less than 21 days before holiday – 100% of total holiday cost
Such terms are adopted in a similar form throughout the travel industry. They are usually covered by your holiday insurance, provided that the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of the policy. Cancellation must be advised in writing and will be effective from the date of receipt by the company.
8. We cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or accident to any luggage or property during your holiday, so adequate insurance is vital, and your responsibility.
9. In the unlikely event of cancellation of your holiday by Access-Adventure.net, your initial deposit will be refunded in full.
10. The outline itineraries given for each trip must be taken as an indication of what each group hopes to achieve and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Access-Adventure.net. It is a necessary condition of your joining any of our trips that you accept this flexibility, and that you also accept that we cannot be held responsible for delays or alterations in the programme, or for expenses incurred owing to international or internal flight or land transport cancellations, war, threat of war, sickness, civil strife, strikes, local regulations, quarantine, terrorist activity, political closures and disputes.
11. In signing the booking form you agree to abide by the decisions of the trip Guide. The decision of the Guide as to the conduct, itinerary and objectives of the holiday is final. If, in the opinion of the Guide, your behaviour or physical condition is detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or wellbeing of the whole group (which are the primary considerations), or if the Guide considers that your own wellbeing will be put at risk by continuing with the holiday, you may be asked to leave the trek/holiday without the right to any refund. Access-Adventure is not liable to supply alternative itineraries, excursions, accommodations, services or staff for the period when the client is not present with the group.
12. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise and accept the potential risk and hazards that can be involved on a holiday of this kind and that you are mentally and physically capable of participating in the activities demanded. Access-Adventure.net, along with our Guides and/or anyone else working in association with us, cannot be held responsible for any accident or mishap that may occur in connection with any of the holiday activities. In the absence of more qualified medical assistance, Access-Adventure Guides will, to the best of their knowledge and ability, provide first aid support when needed. By signing the booking form you agree not to take any legal proceedings against Access-Adventure or its employees as a result of any first aid treatment, advice, information or medicines given or administered during the holiday.
13. Medical examinations, vaccinations, obtaining visas, and other preliminary arrangements are entirely your concern and we accept no responsibility whatever in the event that these are not completed in time for the start of the holiday. There are several very comprehensive insurance schemes specifically designed for our type of holiday and we strongly advise you to take out such insurance.
14. We need documentary proof of your own policy, which must include satisfactory cover for repatriation, cancellation, helicopter rescue, and climbing where appropriate. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time before departure if we are not satisfied that adequate insurance for you is in place.
15. The use of aircraft, buses, cars or any other services in the holiday must be subject to the applicable local or international law agreements and to the terms and conditions of their owners or operators, which may exclude or limit liability.
16. All information is compiled as accurately as possible at the time of printing/publishing. Where facilities are altered or withdrawn for reasons beyond our control we cannot accept any liability.
17. Should you have any complaint about the holiday you must make it known to the trek Guide at the time. If, at the end of your holiday, you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with, Access-Adventure must be notified within 28 days of your return.
18. When you sign the booking form you (and any other persons on whose behalf you may book) agree to accept all these conditions, you acknowledge that you have read all the general and specific information, and you warrant that the information you have entered on your booking form is complete and true. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. When you make a booking, you consent to all the information you provide being passed on to our suppliers, wherever they may be based. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law.